Wednesday 7 October 2009

Art 'n Lard II

I have a slightly better idea of what an Art and Lard festival is (thanks to Nic) than I had last time I mentioned it. A couple of events I particularly noticed are the "concours de tartes aux pommes" at 15heures and a Marché Gourmand. I am in a particularly noble frame of mind, so I am willing to make the sacrifice and experience an art and lard gourmand event on behalf of all those who can't make it for themselves.

Their publicity is pretty good; although the programme gives very little away, it is already available in all the shops in Preuilly sur Claise.

Simon

5 comments:

Jean said...

All will be revealed on the day, maybe.
See you there ??

Jim's Loire said...

Ought to include a lunch at La Promenade, me thinks.........

Simon said...

Jean. We'll be there. In fact, it would take wild horses for me NOT to be there.

Jim. Will I have room for lunch after a gourmand serving of lard'n'apples?

Ken Broadhurst said...

They say the best pie crusts are made with lard. But lard in French is "saindoux". "Lard", the French word, means bacon. Apples and bacon? Why not?

My word verification is "parling" -- as in "parling français" I guess.

Ken Broadhurst said...

P.S. Found this on the Nouvelle République's site:

L'art et lard fête d'automne (26/09/2009)

Programme riche pour la fête d'automne qui se déroulera de 10 h à 18 h, dimanche 11 octobre au Petit-Pressigny

Marché Gourmand - Circuit d'art : découvrir des coins secrets du village où exposent peintres, photographes, sculpteurs, céramistes…

Randonnée pédestre : deux parcours, 6 km et 13 km. Inscriptions sur place, au terrain de foot. Départ à 9 heures.

Randonnée équestre : parcours de 25 km environ. Inscriptions sur place ou au 02.47.94.93.94. Départ à 8 h au terrain de foot.
Autour de la pêche à la truite : au plan d'eau à partir de 10 h pour les enfants de 3 à 12 ans. Pêche, information sur les poissons d'eau douce, planche à trous (la présence des parents est obligatoire).

Concours de tartes aux pommes : de 14 h à 15 h à la salle des fêtes. Déposer ses tartes aux pommes avec une pomme ayant servi à leur confection.

Exposition Rétromecanique : de 10 h à 18 h au terrain de foot, et défilé en fin d'après-midi.

Here's the link but I haven't had much luck getting these to work recently.

Post a Comment