Wednesday 14 September 2016

Cars and Car Parks

Regular readers will know I spend a lot of time in car parks, and ocasionally I see cars that outshine even our Grandes Dames. Last week was an interesting example of that - every car park we visited had at least one example of a car to covet.

A Sunbeam Alpine coupe, and in the background an Alpha Romeo 2000
(which I didn't photograph, because I didn't see it until I looked at the photo at home).

A Morgan Plus8 and a 1962 Mercedes 190sl.

SS100. The Swallow Sidecar company changed its name to Jaguar after WWII.

A pre WWII Bentley convertible

An MG Midget, quite possibly an MG TA Midget.

1930 Rolls Royce 20/25 Gurney Nutting Weymann Fixed Head Coupe rebuilt as a Drophead Coupe.

The other cars we have seen this week include the beautifully emblemed Bentley 4¼ litre I mentioned a couple of days ago, a gaggle of 1970s Porsche 912s, and a bright yellow Peugeot 404 Cabriolet.

4 comments:

Leon Sims said...

My choices just might be the Alfa and then the MG TC as I am a man of simple tastes. The others are a little to ostentatious for me. Celeste is having her inspection today for roadworthiness - I hope there is very little to do for the changeover of ownership.

Le Pré de la Forge said...

The Swallow in my garage, please!
And the lovely MG....

sillygirl said...

My first car was a Sunbeam Alpine - white. I bought it in 1966 and the first night it sat on the street and someone pulled into the next parking spot and made a crease against the side.

Our French Oasis said...

When I first started working in London I had an Alpha Romeo Spider, it was an old rust bucket. My father had bought me a nice new set little Renault 5 as a 21st birthday present and I traded it in for this heap of junk as he called it, he was not amused, it broke down more than it ran smoothly, it hated starting on cold winter mornings and the insurance cost me a fortune, but boy was it fun!!!

Post a Comment